• 1 (9 ounce) box of lasagna noodles
• 1/4 to 1/3 lb. kale (or other leafy greens)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• clove of garlic, diced
• pinch of salt & pepper
• 1 egg
• 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup water
• 3 cups of marinara or 1 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Wash and remove stems of kale. Heat skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil, garlic and kale. Sprinkle with salt & pepper (to taste). Saute until greens are wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Once kale is cool, place in bowl of food processor and chop thoroughly. Add egg, ricotta
cheese, TWO cups of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and process. Set aside.
4. Mix water and spaghetti sauce.
5. In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce and water mixture in bottom of pan.
6. Layer in order, uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta
cheese and greens mixture and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Repeat, ending with sauce on top.
7. Top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
8. Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
9. Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes).
10. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
After the lasagna has cooled, it can be portioned out and frozen for a quick single serving meal later.